There are several 3rd-party apps you can use to create animated podcast videos (then you can share them on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat or Instagram).
Tools that create shareable audiogram video clips:
- Wavve (desktop, iOS, Android) – "turn audio clips from your podcast into shareable video highlights for social media and encourage new listeners to download your show."
- Headliner.app (desktop) – this web app allows you to upload a clip, and will create an animated waveform for your audio.
- Overcast (iOS) – this podcast player allows you to select and export clips from your podcast.
- Castro (iOS) – another podcast app for iPhone that lets you share clips.
- Bullet (iOS) – "create & share captioned video segments of podcasts from any podcast app."
- Podcast Video Maker (iOS) – share short podcast video clips.
- FusionCast (MacOS) – create videos from your podcast episodes.
Unfortunately, if you're on Android, your only option right now is to use Headliner on your desktop.
Here's a sample we created in Headliner:
Video tutorial: make audio clip video for a social media post
These little podcast preview clips are especially helpful on Facebook (Facebook and LinkedIn don't have an embedded audio API; Twitter does).
Published on April 9th, 2020