Here are simple instructions on how to record, edit and distribute your podcast to Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
How do I make a podcast?
- Get a USB microphone (the ATR2100 or the Samson Q2U are both good).
- Connect your microphone to your computer, iPhone, Android, or tablet.
- Record your audio. You can use free software like Garage Band (Mac) or Audacity (PC).
- Export your recorded audio to MP3. For audio quality, choose 44100 Hz and 128 kb/s in your export settings.
- Log in to your podcast hosting account.
- Upload the MP3 file you recorded, and then publish your episode.
- Now, your hosting provider will generate an RSS feed for your podcast.
- Submit your podcast's RSS feed to Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
- Now, every time you publish a new episode, listeners will automatically get it in their podcast player!